At Jones Farm Produce growing fruits and vegetables is what we love to do; fact is we have been farming in the Willamette valley for 6 generations. One of the first crops our family began growing back in the 1800’s was peaches. Over the years peaches and apples have remained a large part of our foundation but over time we have expanded and began growing many other varieties of produce.
What’s growing on the Jones Farm? Here is a list of all the different kinds of fruits and vegetables that we are currently growing:
- Berries – Strawberries, Raspberries and Blackberries.
- Tomatoes – Slicing Tomatoes, Roma’s, Cherry Tomatoes and Heirloom Tomatoes.
- Peaches – Early fresh eating peaches and excellent freestone canning varieties.
- Nectarines – Very Very sweet fresh eating.
- Apples – 12 varities, great fresh eating, juice, cider and apple sauce varieties.
- Melons – Large sweet orange fleshed Cantaloupe.
- Plums/Prunes – The classic Brooks Prune, Italian and Yellow Flesh Schiro.
- Pears – Bartlett.
- Beans – Blue Lake canner.
- Cucumbers – Slicers and Lemon Cukes.
- Onions – Walla Walla Sweets and Red Candy Onions.
- Peppers – Green Bell Peppers and Jalapenos
- Summer Squash – Green Zucchini, Yellow Zucchini, Yellow Patty Pan, Crook Neck.
- Fall Squash – Acorn, carnival, Delicata, Butter Nut, Spaghetti, Hubbard, Sweet Meat.
- Pumpkins – Large carving, Novelty, Decorative, Pie pumpkins.
- Gourds – Decoration, Novelty
- Indian Corn – Large Colorful Ears.
We also work closely with many other local farmers in the Willamette Valley to provide additional fresh picked produce at Jones Farm produce.